Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Workshop 4/ Duets

Workshop 4:

In this workshop we performed our first full run of our duet performances and watched the rest of the group. The results were fantastic. To begin with we presented the group with our performance placard, this gave a title and summary of our performance:

Objects In The Mirror 2015:

The art in this piece goes further than the paint on the canvas itself but is an immersive experience as a whole. The two painters are scene as blind but are mealy blind to the hire powers off heaven and hell. As they paint the audience see relations only through assumption as no one has ever scene heaven or hell bit it is only created through thoughts and visions. The audience sitting in cardboard boxes shows them in limbo, the waiting room between the afterlife, as there vision via's towards one of the particular paintings this could be the direction they are heading.

We then continued as a group to watch the duets perform.


Esme and Tia:



















I found Esme and Tia’s duet beautiful and fascinating to watch. I understood the message quite early on and I believe it was exploring the idea of the human body. The set was very simple but very effective. The use of darkness with just the shadows shinning made me feel fully immersed. Furthermore an accidental effect worked perfectly where their shadows duplicated and kept on crossing, I read this as the out layer of our body (appearance) and the darker as our soul. Their piece went on a continues loop smoothly as I was unaware when they had ended. My only criticism is that they needed a larger board in order to fully express themselves however this was a great starting point. Overall the piece was a pleasure to watch and educated me in a different light about the human body an its different layers.

Kim:



 Kim had a very unique concept. Her piece was based around the idea of how different emotions are provoked and she displayed this through different coloured paints. The audience were informed to throw paint at Kim and which ever colour landed would bring out a new emotion. As this was the first rehearsal Kim did not seem fully committed which made me question her dedication in the actual performance as she was one of few performing solo. I feel she needs to fully engage in order to show these emotions successfully. Immersing the audience so drastically is a fantastic idea and the piece has strong bases for success.  I think physicality is key and so she should explore and research different body positions that show varied emotions as transitioning through many in a short space of time could be difficult. 



No comments:

Post a Comment