Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Tate Modern

Tate Modern Trip:


 

1) The first piece of art shows two televisions placed next to each other with magnifying glasses placed on them. I feel this is representing how the deeper you look into the media the more corrupt and broken it is. We can see this being conveyed through the distortion this has caused on the image on the screen.


2)This piece of art at first looked to me like a mix of random colours. It was only when I looked closer that the message became clearer. The painting is showing how men think with their genitals instead of their mind. This may be portrayed as sexist but I think it somewhat is showing the power of the male sexual organs and how a man can impregnate a woman and after this can leave without having any attachment while a woman must carry this child. I feel like the child in this painting is shown as the results of unplanned pregnancies and the male is the one with the power to choose weather to stat or leave. This could be a great stimulus for a piece regarding teen pregnancy from a males perspective.


3) This seeping piece of rock was a sculpture that looked astatically amazing. I feel it looked strong and solid at first but as I approached it I noticed how it had been placed right on the wall and looked more like a dead animal than something with power. This shows the way we can misinterpret things for what they actually are. From this I thought of piece around the idea of first impressions on people with deformities.



4) The colossal size of this piece took me a while to understand. At first it seemed meaningless as I was looking at it in separate parts, however when I considered it together then I realised what it was about. I feel it is depicting the mess of civilisation and how it is so easy for it to break. One push can cause a large rock to brake into 100 off smaller pieces that will never come back together. This inspired me to make a piece about the unknown powers, which keep us in order.


5) This painting seemed the most simple in its form but was the hardest to understand. What I gained from it was that you couldn’t look at it straight on. It was only when I was walking away from it I began to understand it further. The different angles you look at it show the blocks of colours in different levels. I feel this represents different perspectives on different themes in life and this can change by changing our own mental position. I think it would be interesting to use this to try and question someone about there thoughts on theme and then see if these can be changed through the use of colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment